A day after Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe categorically stated that his government will not admit Rohingya refugees into the country, a pro-peace think tank, the National Peace Council of Sri Lanka appealed to the Sri Lankan government to lift the ban on the entry of Rohingya refugees
Sri Lanka’s reconciliation process is proceeded step by step – President to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
President Maithripala Sirisena says Sri Lanka is performing for the betterment of its people with much responsibility, in keeping with the charters of UN, as a member of United Nations. He said the government is taking the process to ensure human rights and reconciliation forward step by step.
The second heart transplant planned at the Kandy General Hospital was abandoned at the last minute yesterday due to a tug-o-war between consultants not to remove the beneficiary’s heart. This situation has arisen even after the heart was harvested from the donor and fixed to a machine pending the transplant.
Sinhala Chat Room
Book your Hotel Online – Find Sri Lanka Hotels
Sri Lanka Events
- Amarakoon: Prince Zeid al-Hussein, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has limited work. He...
- Eng.M.V.R.Perera: They should investigate the corrupt motive the SLC kept out Ajantha Mendis The Sri Lanka Mystery...
- Indra: Don’t forget Sri lankan driving standards. According to the daily statistics table at Adaderana website,...
- Peter Warner-Suriya: Is it step-by-step forward or step-by-step backward? The Prince said to the Lilly-white leader...
- Amarakoon: Looking at the pattern of recent events and losing games many questions can be raised. 40 cricketers are...